ASCM Exam from Home– As Due to Covid whole work culture has shifted to work from home so ASCM has also given us an opportunity to appear for ASCM /APICS Exams from home now. Now you didn’t need to go on Examination Center.You can take the exams from your comfort of your home. Before appearing or preparing your mindset to be appear for Apics Exam from home. you need to look for below checks. Here we have discussed about all the checks you need to perform before appearing for Exam.
ASCM Exam from Home – Checks you need to Perform.
1- Perform System Test 2- Find Your Space 3- Get Your ID Ready
1- Perform your System Test for ASCM Exam from Home
-Disable software updates (e.g. windows update, software update,). Also make sure that you do not have any updates scheduled to occur during your exam.
-Connect to the internet via a wired connection (i.e. Ethernet connection), if possible. Wifi connections generally carry a higher risk of disruption, so if you do not have strong wifi connectivity, consider wired connection.
-If you have an anti-virus software application installed, please ensure that it is not scanning your computer nor scheduled to scan your computer during the test. * Adjust your security settings to on your web browser and applicable anti-virus software to allow pop-ups and cookies.
-Close out of all unnecessary applications and other browser windows. The test should be the only browser window and the only tab open. Disable any other firewalls that may be installed on your computer. *
-Disable any applicable browser or internet firewall settings.
-Make sure that you are not connected to a Virtual Private Network (VPN). Ensure that you are not using a web browser with proprietary security settings established by your company.
-Disable notifications (emails, meeting requests, etc..) on your email account before initiating the check-in process.
–Disable any applicable software designed to record or monitor your screen before initiating the check-in process. Disable any content filters that may interfere with the launch of the exam.
-Ensure that you have the appropriate user rights on your computer that are needed to download and install applications
TO PERFORM SYSTEM TEST – Please click here
2- Your Testing Space for ASCM Exam from Home
Remove all books, writing utensils (e.g. pen, pencil, marker, etc..), papers, handheld calculators and other electronics besides your phone and computer from the test area.
-Turn off and remove all electronics in the area except for your phone and computer. Set your phone on vibrate – Do not turn off as you will need it to check-in and the proctor may call if they are unable to reach you via chat during your exam.
-Prior to your scheduled exam appointment, you must complete the setup process below to ensure on time exam delivery. Candidates may check-in for an OnVUE exam up to 30 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time.
– Remove all third parties from the testing area, including pets. If there is noise (e.g. persistent barking, chirping, etc..) during the testing process, the proctor may terminate your exam.
-Children and infants are also not allowed in the testing area.
-Remove all notes, memos, or other written material from the testing area (e.g. adhesive sticky notes, notes on dry-erase boards, etc..).
-Remove any wristwatches, jewelry, hats, headwear (including headsets) or other accessories from your person and place outside the testing area.
-Disconnect or turn-off any secondary monitors or screens connected to your computer. Secondary screens are prohibited.
-Remove food, drinks (except water in clear glass), and any smoking accessories from the testing area. Make sure that your desktop is clean and clear of debris.
-Remove/open and accessories that interfere with your computer’s webcam. We recommend lightly cleaning your webcam as needed.
-Make sure that your computer’s power adapter is plugged in. Do not take an exam while your computer is running on battery power.
DOWNLOAD FREE APICS BOOKS FROM – https://scmbooks.apicsedu.club/
3- GET YOUR ID READY – ASCM EXAM FROM HOME
- All IDs must be valid government-issued in their original form (not a photocopy)
- Acceptable IDs include: International travel passport; driver’s license; identification card (national, state, or province ID card); alien registration card (green card or permanent resident/visa)
- By law, certain IDs must not be photocopied, digitized, or captured on camera. Because of this, Pearson VUE cannot accept restricted IDs as identification for online testing, including the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Common Access Card (CAC) or certain secure access IDs.
- IDs must include the candidate’s name
- The first and last name on the ID must match the first and last name the candidate used to register for the exam.
- ID must include a recent, recognizable photo
Candidate under 18 years old:
- During check-in, parent/guardian must present their own ID and give consent for candidate to be recorded. Candidate also to present government issued ID if they have one, or student ID if they do not have one.
YOUR COMPUTER CONFRIGRUATION – ASCM EXAM FROM HOME
- Operating System – Windows 10 (64-bit) or Mac OS 10.13 and above
- Tablets are Strictly Forbidden
- RAM – 4 GB or More
- Display – 1024 x 768 in 16-bit color.
- Browser – Updated version of Edge ,Safari ,Chrome
- Internet Connection – 3 MBPS /up or Download
- webcam – minimum resolution of 640×480 @ 10 fps.